The Laboratory for Infectious Disease Research (LIDR) at the University of Missouri is currently seeking an Office Support Assistant II. The incumbent will complete clerical, fiscal, and administrative duties that are manual and routine in nature. This position will interact with staff, customers, and visitors to establish and maintain effective relationships with the LIDR community. The individual may assist with access control, documentation, and general operations of LIDR as needed.
- Serve as front-line receptionist: friendly and professionally greet visitors and determine purpose of contact, gather required information and documentation, provide general information and assist in preparation of forms, give directions as needed, and provide overall good customer service
- Enter and update information in automated systems, maintain routine spreadsheets and other simple documents, and utilize various software packages in performance of duties
- Prepare purchase and supply requisitions, expense accounts, or other program or department documents; maintain equipment and supply inventory; process journal entries in PeopleSoft; and assist in other fiscal functions
- Submit and track work orders with campus facilities and service contractors
- Screen and appropriately distribute messages, schedule and/or arrange appointments and maintenance, arrange travel and accommodations, and receive and disseminate general program information
- Draft routine correspondences and proofread/finalize letters, memorandums, reports, or other documents
- Assist facility manager with routine security functions such as screening visitors, assisting staff and scientists within LIDR, collecting and maintaining laboratory user documentation, and performing functions related to the security of the facility as assigned
- Facilitate review of compliance-related documentation including standard operating procedures and biosafety protocols, as needed
Interested candidates should go to the University of Missouri Human Resources’ website to view the complete description and apply for Job ID 26965.