Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting:
The Beckman Coulter MoFlo XDP high speed cell sorter – All analysis and sorting is performed on this powerful three-laser, 10-parameter (FSC, SSC and 8 colors) cytometer by a highly trained operator.
Features of the MoFlo include:
- Three fixed-wavelength lasers: 488nm, 561nm and 635nm — ideal for working with green and red fluorescent proteins as well as a variety of dyes.
- Up to 4-way bulk sorting as well as single-cell sorting into 96-well plates or onto microscope slides.
- Analysis speeds up to 100,000 events per second and sorting speeds up to 70,000 events per second (actual recommended speeds vary according to cell size, type and conditions).
- An open platform that allows a high degree of customizing for specific fluorochrome combinations.
The chart at right illustrates the excitation and detection wavelengths available on the MoFlo XDP along with common fluorochromes that can be used. Other fluorochrome options may be available. Click image to enlarge.
Nikon Eclipse 50i trinocular fluorescence microscope – Live BSL-2 and freshly fixed BSL-3 samples can be observed and imaged within the core.
- 10X, 40X, and 60X Plan Fluor objectives
- Filter cubes for DAPI, FITC, TexasRed, and Cy5
- Q-Imaging Systems QiCam Monochrome camera for high resolution fluorescence imaging
- Q-Imaging Systems imaging software